Pelican are committed to providing products that give you the best comfort, security and flexibility possible for everyday life.
Manufacturing disposable products for stoma care and feminine healthcare has been our speciality since the company was formed in 1994.
In 2007, Pelican Healthcare was bought by T G Eakin Limited, a world renowned producer of specialist medical adhesives and wound care products. We are now part of the Eakin Group of companies and our stoma care products are available under the Eakin brand in an increasing number of international locations.
More recently, we have transformed our spacious premises in Cardiff into a state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution centre. We also share a joint Research and Development facility based in Northern Ireland with our parent company, T G Eakin Ltd. Our purpose is to bring innovative, quality products to market for the benefit of our customers.
Respond Healthcare provides an award-winning prescription and dispensing home delivery and support services to the stoma and continence care community.
Our promise to nurses:
As a family-owned business that champions the patient’s quality of life, how we deliver on our promise to you shows how we put our values into practice.
- Never switch – we will never switch a patient’s product without your permission.
- Give choice – We make patients aware that we can deliver products from all manufacturers.
- Support you – With education, training and the necessary tools you need.
- Support your patients – With a wealth of advice and lifestyle booklets covering topics including going home after surgery, nutrition and travel.
- Be consistent and reliable – Delivering a personalised, discreet service to your patients.
- Be there for your patients – With Respond Global Assistance; an emergency supply service when abroad.
- Give advice – Our BHTA qualified Customer Support Team are trained by manufacturers on all products – this ensures that staff fully understand any product related queries or complaints prior to being referred to their hospital nurse.
StomaTips is a free biannual magazine full of practical information and inspiring stories to help ostomates live with comfort and confidence.
As an independent and unbiased free magazine, we provide clear, frank and honest advice on ostomy products to help readers find the stoma routine that works best for them.
We also encourage people to open up about their stoma and to break down the stigmas and taboos that can keep them silent. StomaTips is a place for ostomates to share stories of things that have made them laugh and smile, as well as the more challenging moments.
Our aim is to help ostomates of all ages and backgrounds live a life that’s as active, social and independent as before.
British Journal of Nursing (BJN) is the leading general clinical journal for nurses. Authoritative, accessible and diverse, it’s an essential read for everyone from students to specialists.
Twenty-two times a year, BJN publishes up-to-date clinical reviews, original research and evidence-based papers, written by experts and reviewed by prominent authorities in the nursing profession. In addition, the journal publishes up to 17 themed supplements a year, providing even more in-depth clinical information on areas such as continence, nutrition, wound care and infection control.
If you want to keep up with the latest clinical developments and improve your knowledge and skills across all areas of practice, then you should subscribe to BJN.